Tuesday 20 September 2011

A GBBO Challange

In case you don’t know, GBBO stands for ‘The Great British Bake Off’ of which I am an avid watcher. I did apply this year but didn’t even get a reply back, the family recon I need more of a back story so I’m not in the highest demographic, which leads to some amusing dinner conversations when they come up with various bizarre stories! Anyway, something they had on there recently was a Battenburg Cake which I hadn’t made before – so I gave it a go. I was quite pleased with the result and it didn’t last long so I guess everyone else liked it too.
You may notice from the picture the deliberate mistake……. The outside of the Battenburg is white – I used fondant icing instead of marzipan as marzipan is not very popular in my house. Why use something that no one likes just because its traditional!
I think a Battenburg may make an appearance at the next Afternoon Tea which is on 15th October.
Contact me to book your place.


No comments:

Post a Comment