Monday 20 June 2011

Practice, Practice, Practice

My next Afternoon Tea will be held on Sunday, 10th July in Epsom and is called 'The Boston Tea Party'. I found a recipe for a Brooklyn Blackout Cake which I thought would fit into the theme, so I gave it a try this weekend. Well, you have to practice!

It is made of a light chocolate sponge, filled and covered with a chocolate 'custard' - that is quite a loose term because it contains no milk or eggs! The cake is them covered in cake crumbs. The results were a delicious cake that everyone enjoyed. I might make the sponge a bit thicker next time and I have lots of the custard left over, so I need to make less of that.

If you would like to come along and try the Brooklyn Blackout Cake book a place at my next Tea Party.


No comments:

Post a Comment