Sunday 19 February 2012

Cooking the Books

I know this is late but there wasn't a lot of cooking going on. I haven't felt that great and then it was half term and I find things have to be very flexible, even more so as the children get older. Back to baking now .... I have had a few new cook books over Christmas so thought I'd do a spot of baking from them. First one was from the River Cottage Everyday - Lemon Curd Marbled Muffins, made with homemade Lemon Curd which is really easy and so much nicer than shop bought.
Not sure about the texture of these muffins though (they are not supposed to be mixed very much but girl thought she was helping by giving them a good mix when I wasn't looking!), but I will give them another go, maybe doing Jam marbling this time.

Don't forget to book up for Afternoon Tea soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment